5 ways to turn you weightloss failures into weightloss success.
The Weight loss industry is big money business but with the level of've UK obesity on the increase what can you do to ensure a better chance of weight loss success.
A question I get asked a lot is what's the best diet, the answer simply is "it depends". Most of the popular diets on the market work as the principle is the same, be consistently in a calorie deficient. "Calories in versus calories out" is the popular statement used by personal trainers nutritionists and weight loss experts the world over. However if your reading this as someone who has lost weight, chances are you have now put that weight back on or you maybe heavier than when you started.
So why is this is happening and how can you improve your chances of long term change?
1. The diet your doing is in no way sustainable. Is eating cabbage soup morning noon and night sustainable for you???? Your successful diet should focus on the big picture fitting in with your life, starting with small modifications and habit changes and building on them over time.
2. The diet is so far removed from your current nutrition making the whole process painful (see point 1) If you never eat veggies and suddenly you are being asked to eat veggies with every meal this is so new to you which makes it challenging to adhere to. Start by picking your favourite two vegetables and eating them with dinner every day. Pick a new veg each week and slowly add it to your meals.
3. Your social circle don't support you in a positive way. Often friends and family can make light or belittle your continual efforts not really understanding the damage they are doing. Get you friends and family on board, tell them what you doing and why your doing it. Ask for there help and support, they are your real key to success!
4. Food intolerance problems are causing you issues with certain foods. Some foods our bodies can react to and you may be totally unaware. These intolerances can cause issues with mood fatigue skin and also issues with weight. (See point 1)
5. Your getting lost in counting calories. Understanding how to measure your macros using palm(protein) Fist(veg) Cup of hand (carbs) thumb (fats) means not having to deal with the inaccuracy of calorie counting. Click here to find out more here.
If you still unsure of the direction you need to head please get in touch, I run a very successful online nutritional program that addresses all the points above. Is it time to invest in the last nutritional program you will ever do.??